HERB - Nettles.

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 19:30:00 PST 2001

>Carolyn Priest-Dorman, an SCA member playing a Viking persona,
>did a piece of weaving for and East Kingdom 12th Night Competition
>which she put on this website.  There's a lot of information on
>the location of archaelological finds here that might help you and
>she lists her references.

Good suggestion, Iasmin, she is an excellent source of fiber documentation.
I've heard reference to fabric made from nettles, too, this COULD refer to
ramie, which is a fiber produced from a stingless nettle (don't have my
spinning books close at hand).  Ramie, IMO, is easier to spin than linen, but
produces a similar result.

Too bad I didn't see this question earlier, I just finished hosting an
informal fiber guild meeting, LOL.

Hope this helps a little
Raisya Khorivovna
Shadowlands, Ansteorra