[Herbalist] Myrhh

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Jul 24 09:01:32 PDT 2001

> By remembering that Myrhh capsules contain pharmasutical grade myrhh, while
> what you have was specially prepaired to be used as incense, and may have
> had things added to it.

I've seen Myrrh incense, but it is significantly different in appearance
and packaging from whole and powdered myrrh resin.

On the other hand, I would be cautious about internal application of raw
and powdered myrrh, as it is a natural product and probably was not
processed in steril conditions.

Myrrh capsules may contain 'purified' myrrh but be very careful to read
the label and find out exactly what is in them, as there are no FDA
standards for internal consumption of supplements of this type, and some
manufacturers are not very honest.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net