[Herbalist] herb recipes

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 5 07:11:01 PDT 2001

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, it got shunted off into my deleted
items folder.

> Some questions, if it's not too much trouble...
>

> >root, 1 ounce dried plantain leaves, 1/2 ounce yellow dock root,
>
> Dried or fresh yellow dock root, or does it matter?

	I use dried. Since this is being steeped in alcohol, the water in the fresh
herbs would not be helpful.

> >events.  There is another recipie for an Herbal Insect Repellant with it,
> >which we have found to be useless.
>
> Another recipe in that book, you mean?

> >Ok, here is the best Herbal remedy recipie I have ever personally tested.
> >It is from "Growing and Using the Healing Herbs"  by Gaea and Shandor
> Weiss, from Rodale Press.
>

> Is this a book you'd particularly recommend, or not?

	I like it.  It was a gift from my Baron and Baroness many years ago as I
turned over the Arts office of my group.  I use it frequently, but nothing
so much as the bug bite recipe.  And yes, the repellant recipe is from the
same book.  We have not found it to repel much of anything, but maybe
different bugs would react differently.
Christianna