[Herbalist] What to do with herbs....

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Thu Jun 7 10:55:29 PDT 2001

Hi, folks,

I'm usually just a lurker on the list, though I did introduce myself when I
first joined. I have really appreciated everyone's information and advice.

Anyhow, I have another use for herbs (and spices) which is period - make
cordials!  There  are various wine or spirit based infusions mentioned as early
as in Apicius (Roman cookbook) that contained herbs or spices in combination.
I've been experimenting for several years with different combinations and had
varying degrees of success.  Most recently I've come up with something my  lord
says resembles Benedictine.  So, Alana, if among those you care for are folks
who enjoy mint beverages, perhaps a cordial would be something to try.

Aislinn of House Silverwood and Clann O'Choda
Barony of Stonemarche       (New Hampshire, USA)
East Kingdom

(whose lord is rather disappointed I make my test batches small!)