[Herbalist] Horehound....

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Sat Jun 23 10:07:17 PDT 2001

I wrote:

><< COUGH SYRUP! Woo! I just made some with horehound, thyme, and honey.
>  I can write up my notes if you like.
>   >>

And Etain bounced:

>OH yes!  please do!

I didn't want anyone to think I'd forgotten about this, but I've been tracking
something curious happening for some time now. I made my cough syrup as
I usually do and now I'm fairly certain I'm making an alcoholic beverage. I
used sterilized jars and bottles, but the big jug of cough syrup I have going
right now appears to be fermenting. I've never had this happen before, ever.
I'm really curious to see where it leads. It's not got any yucky growth on it
indicating spoilage, it's just...fermenting. I'm really tempted to actually put
a gas trap on it.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Iasmin