[Herbalist] REQ: bruise juice recipie or similar tintures or remidies.

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon May 21 09:27:37 PDT 2001

> Is there a specific way to dry herbs?  And what is the best method of
> storing them?

There are several ways to dry herbs. You can spread them on screens in the shade, or hang
them up in bunches small enough to allow free circulation of air, or dry them in a low
(200 degree) oven over time... Generally, you want to keep them away from sunlight and
dust, and store them as soon as they are completely dry. The best storage containers are
air-tight: glass or pottery jars with tight-fitting lids. They can also be stored in
plastic containers, or even in plastic bags, but plastic bags are your last choice.

It appears that wooden, metal or bark boxes, cloth bags, and ceramic containers with
tight-fitting lids were used in period to store herbs.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net