[Herbalist] Flax tools

dwilson dwilson at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Nov 16 06:19:45 PST 2001

This is a mailing I sent to my kingdom A&S list. I thought this list might
like it also.
Sheepstealer

Greetings from Sheepstealer
  I have grown flax this year
 http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/flax/flax1.jpg
   and I have harvested my first flax crop
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/flax/bundle.jpg
 and now I am retting some flax on the lawn
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/flax/retting.jpg
And found the florilegium a gold mine
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/linen-msg.html
 As for tools, I combed out the seed heads
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/flax/seed2.jpg
 with this
 http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/flax/comb.jpg
and would like some tool ideas my self.  A period distaff and spindle for
10th cent Viking would be nice too.
Sheepstealer