[Herbalist] Oops.

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Thu Oct 11 06:58:57 PDT 2001

A lot of spam?  I've only seen two pieces in the months I've been on the
list.  The list is moderated, but that doesn't mean the moderator has
much control over stuff like that.  The alternative is to make the
moderator read and approve all messages, which means a delay for every
post until the moderator has time to read and approve each of them.
That especially sucks when she goes away, say for an SCA event, and all
our messages get delayed for an entire weekend.  If we were getting
spammed daily, I'd say it was worthwhile.  But, spam is rare enough that
I don't find it worth putting the moderator through the aggravation, or
putting up with disjointed and delayed conversations.

-Magdalena