[Herbalist] help?y

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Sun Oct 28 11:02:19 PST 2001

The 'reconstructed' recipe is NOT a period recipe. (Baking powder? Egg?)

Here's a translation of the original:
"Take some nutmeg and an equal weight of cinnamon and a bit of cloves, and
pulverize them. Then make small cakes with this and fine whole wheat flour
and water. Eat them often. It will calm all bitterness of the heart and
mind, open your heart and impaired senses, and make your mind cheeful."
(Translation by Patricial Throop, published by Healing arts press.)