[Herbalist] wine

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 4 05:59:47 PST 2002

> Wine however was not quite the same as it is today
> no corks
> so
> young and off -or so Ive been told
> any more info out there

I'm not sure what your friend was referring to, since wine barrels come
before wine bottles. :) I don't like most modern wines so I can't tell you
how they differ from our friends' re-created wines, except that I find
them much more interesting and delicious.

The best online resource I can point you to is the  Medieval/Renaissance
Brewing Homepage:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/brewing.html

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"Don't abuse your friends and expect them to consider it criticism."
--Edgar W. Howe