[Herbalist] East Kingdom Herbalists & Apothecary Guild Meeting

foxryde foxryde at foxryde.com
Thu Aug 1 15:18:54 PDT 2002

--
Greetings, Good Mistress,

Would you be willing to share the outcome of the meeting and other good
ideas for such a guild?  The Outlands has periodically tried to do
something which has gotten bogged down for one reason or another.  I think
that if we knew what other Kingdoms were doing, it might be easier.

Not re-inventing the wheel and all.

All the best,
Leonora

P.S.  Have a great time at Pennsic!  I am kind of thinking that next year
might be good to do the 24 hours drive from Colorado.  I'd love to go this
year, the Outlands King and Queen are really amazing people.  Hope you get
a chance to meet them (Bela and Elizabeth).  I was getting kind of  moony
about it this year and looked at the website.  What a change!  My first
event was Pennsic 16 or 17 (the mind blurrs)  It'll be what?  33 next
year?  It's been 8 or 9 years since we have gone and we went for 7 or 8
years when we lived in Calontir.  Say hi to it for me. :-)

At 12:00 PM 8/1/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Message: 1
>From: Jenne Heise <jenne at mail.browser.net>
>To: sca-east at indra.com, herbalist at ansteorra.org,
>    SCA-Herbalist at yahoogroups.com (Herbalists SCA)
>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:44:18 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: [Herbalist] Pennsic: East Kingdom Herbalists & Apothecary Guild
>Meeting
>
>[please forward as appropriate]
>
>Come one, come all to the East Kingdom Herbalists & Apothecary guild
>meeting, Monday August 12 at 3:00 pm in A&S tent 3.
>
>The guild is open to everyone who is willing to admit that they are a
>member. Non-members are welcome at the meetings also. ;) Having an
>interest in period herbalism, gardening, apothecary practice or medicine
>is a plus.
>
>We will be spending some time on guild business such as "what should we be
>doing and who should do it?" "what about this guild badge thing?" and
>"rankings?" but the meeting will probably spend more time sharing
>information and notes about members' activities. If you are interested in
>herbal and apothecary practice, this is a good place to meet others on the
>same sprig. Bring handouts you want to share, books or projects to show
>off.
>
>See you there!
>
>-- Jadwiga, guild agitator
>
>  --
>Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise        jenne at mail.browser.net
>disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me.
>"It's a fact the whole world knows, that Pobbles are happier
>without their toes." -- Edward Lear

>End of Herbalist Digest
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Fox Ryde Gardens - Handmade herbal products for bath, body, & spirit
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

  Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                               -John Criton, FarScape
--

---