[Herbalist] Re: Chili Oil for Back problems

Laura Parker lapapu at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 10:24:26 PDT 2002

Try hot chili oil (as a Chinese hot cooking oil).  You can make your own by pounding hot chilis into an oil and let it sit for 8 hours.  DO NOT handle the oil with your hands -- it can burn for hours.  Apply it using plastic to protect your hands.

My back went out for the first time in my life;  my boyfriend who had had back problems, and whom I feel is a hypocondriac, was chortling that I'd be out for weeks.  I was fine in 4 days.

Re:

I find myself at home for the 3rd week in a row with a severe back sprain.
I have been told by doctor and physical therapist to use heat on my back as
often as possible.

I would like to not be plugged into a wall with a heating pad, so does
anyone have directions for making a nice herbal heat pad that is heated in
the microwave ?
I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Baroness Genenvieve Macpherson
mka Diane Jones