[Herbalist] (no subject)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Tue Feb 19 11:15:22 PST 2002

I've been asked to consider teaching a class on 'Domestic Uses of Herbs'
(this would be in the SCA and hence, specifically medieval uses.)
I'm in a bind because I don't know where to look for uses that I haven't
already found and put in Scents of the Middle Ages:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/scents.html

I know about horsetails for scouring, but what other period non-scented
uses of herbs for huswifery can anyone suggest?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep/But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep." -- Robert Frost