[Herbalist] Re: rose beads/lavender/question

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 21:21:22 PDT 2002

In a message dated 14/07/02 9:56:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rachel.Carper at hp.com writes:

> It just occured to me, I am trying to get an event together for next June
> here in South Downs in Meridies. It is a castle/seige themed, and I wanted
> one or two classes that would teach something people in a castle would have
> done during the siege. Is anybody around here who would be willing to teach
> how to make rose beads? And maybe a couple of herbal classes, like herbs
> used in medicines?

       Hummm, check with me again a bit closer to the date--we are just up in
Vulpine Reach, so it's not a long trip for us at all. Our schedule is often a
bit crowded in June, with non-SCA stuff I don't control, mostly, and knowing
in when things will be this far ahead isn't possible. But I'd need some
decent documentation on rose beads first, before doing a class, and I haven't
got it........... Just lots of "tradition" saying they were done, which isn't
exactly the same thing! ;-)
       BTW, you might also post on the kingdom Herb Guild list and see who
can come then. And you could check with the Baronial A&S officer, too--I've
taken herb classes at South Downs events in the recent past (Including one on
spice beads, ummmm, a couple of years ago? The lady teaching it did have
good, slightly post period recipes--unfortunately I don't know where my
handout got to!), and she might have some record of who taught those for
ya'll--or know who would.........

                         Diana