[Herbalist] RE: "Killer" plants

Wes Will wwill at globaleyes.net
Fri Jul 26 20:13:58 PDT 2002

>Please don't advocate genecide on an entire plant,

Localized.  "English" ivy has no business on my side of the pond.  NOTHING
eats it, nothing (excepting me and my pruning hooks, hoes, and shovels)
kills it.  It has no pests here, no specific controls.

Kill it.  All of it. And take those confounded English sparrows and
starlings with it.  The North American versions were quite sufficient,
thanks.  It has been over three years since I have seen an American species
of starling in this area, though I have several thousand of the English
variety pooping on my back deck and front walks every year, twice a year,
as they migrate through.

Let's not even mention armadillos, Japanese beetles, Africanized bees, and
South American fire ants.

>No plant is bad - just its location.

"Location" can be defined as a specific _hemisphere_.

--
Eoin Caimbeul

Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.  (Unk.)