[Herbalist] Lemon Balm and Other Silliness

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Tue Jun 11 12:18:24 PDT 2002

Lemon balm is also good for the digestion, helps indigestion and gas.
Would combine well with peppermint.

I use dried lemon balm when making small herbal gift baskets for prizes
and largesse.  It packs nicely between bottles, etc. and smells nice.
And I usually have lots...

If the scar is closed up, arnica flowers help reduce swelling - but don't
get arnica internally, as it can cause heart problems.  Also possibly
useful would be chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort as a poultice.  If
there is pus, a drawing poultice can be made from jimsonweed leaves
(preferably fresh) or plantain or flaxseed (crushed and made into a paste
with hot water).

Once you are down to just a scar, one thing that is supposed to make them
disappear is Rosa mosqueta oil (a South American rose).  Vitamin E oil
also works well, and could be combined with vit. A.  Vit. E capsules can
be cut open to get the oil.  (But my husband says don't taste it - it is
nasty!  And yes, he knows from experience <grin>)

And after you have recuperated (quickly we hope!), you can tell us about
it.

Suzanna, herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra (Dallas,
TX)