[Herbalist] Help-- toxicity data?

demetria demetria at demetria.com
Wed Mar 20 04:40:16 PST 2002

Alkanet is a cosmetic dye for lip sticks etc.. and it is found in foods also
so it should be fine.
I believe bedstraw is really benign. It makes a red dye.
Have you looked at food source dyes, those were very common, beets, onions,
spinach, red cabbage, nettles,inner bark of apple trees yields a nice
yellow,paprika, cranberry juice and pomegranate juice.
Good Luck,
Demetria