[Herbalist] What's the logic of gardens?

dwilson dwilson at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue May 28 16:52:31 PDT 2002

SNIP
>If you spent all your time cultivating fields
>--yours and the lord's--tending a
> few more plants isn't very attractive.
SNIP

I am guessing but my Lilly Of The Valley patch
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jamy/pic/i3.jpg
 migrated from a friends family's homestead and now grows wild in a handy
ditch.  I might tend them 5 minuets a year (I pull the long grass away at
the start of flowering) then ignore the rest of the year. Again just
guessing but I would think a lot of `wild patches` would have been
cultivated to some extent. My 5 minuets weeding would take 10 seconds to a
real farmer in passing.
sheepstealer