[Herbalist] period product-creams fats oils

BJ of NZ bjofnz at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Oct 1 15:48:53 PDT 2002

 Greetings I'm interested in creating period creams,
oils, and ointments
using substances that might of been availible to the
english house wife

so I thought I'd direct a few questions to the list

what vegetable oils would be availible to the English?
localy availible?
imported oils ?

 how expensive an reasonably availible would they of
been  and how perishable or seaonle

What would the animal fats been

I have done a few experiments with Olive oil Duck
grease and Mutton fat seething soaking or mushing
calendula petals into it and have been pleasently
surprised at the texture. but they do not keep well.

so surmise that an ointment as a product was created
for immediate use to be recreaed as nesscessary

I'd love feed back

Beatriz

=====