[Herbalist] Herbalist&Apothecary Symposium October 12

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Oct 7 14:16:17 PDT 2002

The following is a Shameless Event Plug

Herbalist & Apothecary Symposium, October 12, Settmour Swamp,
Maplewood, NJ

Come on out this weekend to a teaching/learning event centered around
botanicals and herbs. Located in the Women's Club of Maplewood and the
Herb Garden at Durand-Heddon House in Maplewood, this event boasts a great
site, a great slate of classes, a poster session where you can show off
pictures of your garden or your latest project, an herb-related A&S
display, and a yummy dayboard. Also, there will be a raffle of
herbal-related items to benefit Tisane, the EKHAG newsletter.

Classes to be held include:
- Herbal First Aid
- Plants as Pigments for Period illumination
- Use of Gems in period medicine and Amulets
- Period Dyestuffs
- Drinking with Herbs and Spices
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Resources on Period Herbalism
- Medieval Gardens
- Basic Herb Gardening
- Propagating Woody Herbs and Irises
- Creating your own medieval garden
- Roman Gardens
- Strewing Herbs and Scented Handwaters
- Herbal Salves
- Herbal Vinegars

If there is anyone else with the bug to teach, there are still slots open,
contact jahb at lehigh.edu to volunteer.

For more information about the event, see:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/herbevent.html

Maplewood is just outside NYC. Public transportation is available.
Site fee is: $10/adult, $5 for 14 and under.

If you are coming and haven't let us know, that's fine, but call or email
the autocrats if you can so we can be sure to have plenty of dayboard!
Site & Troll:  Mistress Baroness Merlinia,OM,OC,BT,ST.
 1(973) 762-2554.  Email:merlinia at comcast.net
Classes & pertinent info:
 Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (mka Jennifer Heise)
 610-432-2546 or email jahb at lehigh.edu.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
". . .something lingering, with boiling oil in it, I fancy . . ."