[Herbalist] Benzoin gum

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Feb 6 10:23:01 PST 2003

> Any time you add oil and water together, it has the potential to spoil in
> very nasty anaerobic ways.  Remember all the flap about garlic oils a few
> years ago, serious botulism infestations.

Actually, the trouble there was NOT water, it was the garlic introducing
botulism spores into the anerobic environment of the oil. That's why
homemade flavored oils are now considered only safe if you make them by
hot infusion and use them right away- the lack of water, or not, doesn't
significantly help with the botulism.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by
giving, by losing." -- Anais Nin