[Herbalist] crash space needed for: Conference on Medieval Gardens

foxryde foxryde at foxryde.com
Tue Feb 18 08:33:22 PST 2003

--
If those of us from other places want to go to this, is there any one who
would crash us for it?  If I can scrape up a plane ticket, I won't be able
to afford a hotel.

anyone?

Baroness Leonora

At 09:53 AM 2/13/03 -0500, you wrote:

>-Thoughy this might be of interest here.  I'm trying to decide if it's
>practical to go With Baby.
>
>-Magdalena
>
>>The Center for Medieval Studies at Pennsylvania State University has a
>>mini-conference every spring, focused on a single topic.  This year's theme
>is
>>Health and Healing in the Medieval Garden and it will be held April
>>4-5 in State
>>College, PA.  Presentations run from Friday morning through Sunday noon.
>>There's a single track, as follows:
>>
>>Friday morning
>>Mark Horton, U. of Bristol: Archaeological Evidence for the Monastic Garden
>>Peter Murray-Jones, Cambridge: Herbs and the Medieval Surgeon
>>Terence Scully, Wilfrid Laurier U: The Cook as Dietician in the
>>Medieval Garden
>>
>>Friday afternoon
>>Linda Voigts, U of MO: Plants and Planets: Connecting the Celestial with the
>>Vegetable in Late Medieval Texts
>>Marilyn Stoksad, U of Kansas: The Alchemists' Garden
>>
>>Special session on the Penn State AT&T Medieval Garden (!!) with
>>Deirdre Larkin
>>of the Cloisters and NY Botanical Gardens, and Martin McGann of PSU.
>>
>>Saturday morning
>>Peter Dendle, PSU: Plants in the Medieval Cosmos: Medicine, Magic and
>>Eco-Colonialism
>>Walton Schalick, Washington U: Tools of the Trade: Garden-Medicine in
>Medieval
>>France
>>Alain Touwaide, Smithsonian: Medicinal Plants in the 14th-century Eastern
>>Mediterranean World

>>Friday only: $15
>>Friday and Saturday: $25
>>Friday lunch (salad buffet): $10.95
>>Friday banquet: $30 -- "featuring period cuisine" and a "medieval
>>drama related
>>to health and healing"
>>Saturday lunch is "on your own" but tables will be reserved in the
>>Nittany Lion
>>Inn
>>There's a block of rooms reserved at the Days Inn in State College,
>>and they say
>>there are also a number of other hotels/motels in the area.

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Fox Ryde Gardens - Handmade herbal products for bath, body, & spirit
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

If you can't be a good example, then  you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.
  -Catherine Aird
--

---