[Herbalist] Good old sun

Wes Will wwill at globaleyes.net
Wed Aug 25 12:32:33 PDT 2004

>Although I don't do any, I had a thought on container planting.  Do you
suppose,
>especially when they are on the west side, that the roots get too hot.  I
have
>no idea if that is possible but it's a thought.

It makes a difference.  You can cook the roots of most plants especially in
those southwestern state climates.  Shade the pots somewhat.  It will also
help with moisture retention.

On an unrelated note, pretty please set your email program to use lines of
60 or 70 characters (more or less) long.  It makes it much less difficult
to read than three or four extremely long lines.

Also, not you but others, the "HTML" text formatting - lots of fancy
typefaces and pretty colours, pictures and ivy leaves - is wasted on a good
percentage of us.  It also makes the message pretty much unreadable.  HTML
is for web pages, not emails.  I beg of you, turn it off.  I'll like your
message more if I can read it, you needn't impress with stylistics.  I'll
think you're spiffy enough just being on this list, even without script fonts.

--
Eoin Caimbeul
Old Crusty Geekish Curmudgeon