[Herbalist] What is a Tuscan Herb

brandtfamily@sprintmail.com brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:13:10 PDT 2005

This came form the Medieval Fem list. I thought you folk might be able
to help?\
Pegasus

---------------------FWD---------------------------------

From: "Zahedi, Shahrzad" <Shahrzad_Zahedi at brown.edu>
Date: August 28, 2005 1:20:48 PM CDT
To: <medfem-l at u.washington.edu>
Subject: [Medfem-l] Tuscan herb

Hello.
I had a question about a medieval herb name "herbe toscane" that is
known to have healing powers.
I found a mention of this herb in a French medieval romance called
"L'atre perilleux".
A woman healer uses "l'herbe toscane" to heal a knight's wounded arm.

I am not sure if anyone has seen a reference to this herb anywhere else.

I apologize if this topic is not directly related to feminist studies
of the MA.
It is in my case related to women healers in medieval fiction.

Any help will be greatly welcomed.
Shahrzad.