[Herbalist] Herb Suggestions

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jan 21 10:28:28 PST 2005

Darcy (HLDarcy at hot.rr.com) said something that sounded like:
> Delurking to ask for help.  Last year my husband and I bought piece of land
> about 90 minutes north of Austin, Texas.  This spring we plan to plant an
> herb bed.  Any suggestions of what would be good herbs to plant in this
> area?

For what purpose? There are some wonderful books on growing herbs and
flowers in Texas.

>From first hand experience many of the standard culinary and brewing
herbs that grow wonderfully here:

- Rosemary
- Oregano
- Thyme
- Parsley
- Basil
- Marjoram
- Ginger
- Hops
- Hyssop

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "What about your friends?
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   They're Defective!