[Herbalist] What is a Tuscan Herb

Doug Clark doug-clark at cherokee.org
Thu Sep 1 06:55:53 PDT 2005

>From What I have been reading Tuscan herb or Erbe Toscane is not just
one herb. It is a mixture of herbs that is usually used in a Tuscan
kitchen. The mixture is mainly made with a base of Rosemary, Sage and
Garlic, with other herbs such as fennel seed or pollen, thyme, lemon
peel, orange rind, oregano and all mixed with salt. These are put on dry
or mixed with olive oil to meats as a marinade and I have seen them
added to breads or as a dip.

The Internet has  a lot of info on it and recipes for it.

Doug Clark
Network Technician
Cherokee Nation, Information Systems
Phone:  918-456-0671 x2709