[Herbalist] Could I get some suggested reading please?

Jan Ward hawksbluff at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 18:04:19 PST 2007

Hello Joshua,
An easy way to combine a little history and herbs is
to check out the Ellis Peters novels featuring Brother
Cadfael, a Welsh monk living in the monastery at
Shrewsbury Abbey in the years that Stephen was king
(the 1140's).  Cadfael maintains a herb garden to grow
the plants for the medicines for the monks, and he
solves mysteries on the side. I think there are twenty
novels in the series.

For just learning about herbs, I think the Rodale
books are pretty good.  The seed catalog from
Richter's Herbs gives a description and lists the uses
of the plants it sells.

Edwinna