[Herbalist] cardomom

leslie crawford akashadance2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 15:41:33 PST 2007

 Have any of you grown cardamom?
 I love the spice, I would love to grow it. I don't
know much about them, I know they are tropical, and
need low light.
 It is so dry here (North West Texas),that I fear that
I could only grow it indoor. Also it is hot in the
summer and cold in the winter (zone 5).

 I grow Thyme, Oregano, Fennel, Chive, Basil, Lemon
Balm, Spearmint, French Tarragon, Dill, Sage,
Lavender, Rosemary, Rue, Sweet Woodruff, Costmary,
Horehound, Tansy, and Winter Savory.
 I use them mostly for Culinary and Medicinal reasons.

 Also skin care products, and other uses.
 I hope to add Borrage , Cilantro, Parsley,(all I have
had no luck with in the past), Bay, and Garlic.
   Akasha