[Herbalist] Little Red Hen Garden-//// Re: Herbalist Digest, Vol 9, Issue 3

Jan Ward hawksbluff at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 07:58:08 PDT 2008

"The Little Red Hen" is a children's story.  And it
does refer to a shared garden.  The little hen says
she's going to plant a garden and asks who will help.
"Not I" says each of the animals.  She asks at each
step of the garden work, and gets the same answer,
until at the end when the garden is harvested, and she
asks "Who will help me eat my (whatever)" and they all
answer, "I will".  She then tells them that since she
did all the work, she's going to eat it all herself.
Edwinna