[Hou-announce] Stargate Bardic Guild Reminder

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 15 07:53:57 PDT 2006

Just a reminder...

The Stargate Bardic Guild is meeting this Thursday (Aug. 17)!!!  We've had a good number of people express interest in joining the guild.  We look forward to seeing you there!

The plan is for the guild to meet on the THIRD THURSDAY of each month (starting August 17) at the home of Lady Mea Passavanti, from 7-9:30pm.  No experience in bardic arts is necessary.  The purpose of the guild is to learn.  Experienced bards will be encouraged to teach pieces, and all are welcome to bring suggestions for pieces to learn.  We shall also work on the elements of bardic performance, including documentation/authenticity, technical skill, stage presence, etc.  Those areas that people want to work on.  I would like to set half of the class period for teaching/learning, and the second half for casual performing (mini-circle).
If you are interested in joining the guild, please email me (alden_drake at sbcglobal.net) so I can get a head count.  For directions to Lady Mea's, you may contact her at (ldy_passavanti at ev1.net) or 713-299-6046. You can use any mapping program to direct you to 1425 Waseca; Houston, Texas 77055.

In service,
HL Alden Drake