[Hou-announce] Metal Pierce-work class at Loch Soillier

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 17:55:15 PDT 2006

Greetings,
At Loch Soillier's event this weekend, I'm offering a class from 1-3pm on Metal Pierce-work.
Please let me know if you are interested in attending.

I will have supplies for 4 persons, others may bring their own equipment if they have it.
You may purchase supplies from:
Jemco Jewelry Supply
7601 De Moss Dr
Houston, TX 77036

Lathrops Jewelry Supply
(going out of business sales, great deals)
6704 Ferris St.
Bellaire, Tx  77401

Possibly some items at Northern Tools or Harbour Freight and Tools.

The supply list includes:
Safety Glasses!!
Jeweler's Saw (3 or 4in width or more)
Jeweler's Saw blades - 2/0 for quick cutting, 4/0 for finer work
Burr Life or Beeswax (to lubricate the saw blades)
Brass - 18g. (I will bring)
Dremell Drill or hand drill
Drill bits (various sizes 57-77)
(small drill bits may require a 'chuck' for your dremell drill)
Sharpie pen
Bench Pin
C-Clamp to hold bench pen to table (6in suggested)
Sandpaper (200, 400, 600 grit)
Green scrubbie pads
Needle files (cheep oriental in red plastic pack is good)
Center punch
Hammer

Electric Engraver - if you want to add detailing to your design image.
(I may have one available.)

Apologies I did not post the class earlier for you to shop over last weekend, so onlookers are
welcome.  We will be creating Sable Talon award medalions, which hopefully you will donate to the
kingdom.  If there is interest, the class maybe repeated at Gate's Edge event the following
weekend.

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade