[Hou-announce] How to access your email lists and change your settings

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 20 11:15:18 PDT 2006

Greetings:

Several folks have asked recently how to access their email lists so
they can change their settings or unsubscribe. Here's how:

Provided that you know your password, just click on the link that's
posted at the bottom of every message on each list. For example, the
Loch-Soilleir link looks like <http://lists.ansteorra.org/
listinfo.cgi/loch-soilleir-ansteorra.org>.

Log in using your email address and password, and make changes as you
like.

If you *don't* know your password, then you'll need to request a
reminder since we no longer get automatic monthly reminders of what
our passwords are (ever since the Kingdom moved the lists from a
privately-operated server to an ISP, Dreamhost). If you're in luck,
you might have the last reminder which was sent out in May -- should
be a bunch of messages on May 15 with subjects like "Welcome to the
"Ansteorra" mailing list".

Or you can manually get the list to send you a one-time password
reminder. Go to this link:
<http://lists.ansteorra.org/options.cgi/[listname]-ansteorra.org/
[your email address @ whatever.com]>

Replace "[listname]" with the name of the list. For example:
<http://lists.ansteorra.org/options.cgi/loch-soilleir-ansteorra.org/
[your email address @ whatever.com]>

Replace "[your email address @ whatever.com]" with your email address
that's subscribed to that list.

Towards the bottom of the page it says "Password Reminder -- By
clicking on the Remind button, your password will be emailed to you."
Click the "Remind" button. You should receive a reminder almost
immediately. Once you have it, log in as described above and make
changes as you like.

Michael