[Hou-announce] How to unsubscribe

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 19 06:14:44 PDT 2007

By the way...

...the instructions about how to unsubscribe won't necessarily help
you with getting unsubscribed from Hou-announce.

That may sound confusing, but the reason is this: you probably aren't
actually subscribed to the Hou-announce list directly. It is just an
"umbrella" list that accepts announcements and sends them on to
whoever is subscribed to one or more of the following lists:

* stargate
* gatesedge
* westgate
* ravensfort
* loch-soilleir

Technically, you *can* subscribe to Hou-announce, and in fact it's
one way to receive local announcements without being subscribed to
any of the local lists shown above. Some folks who live out of the
area or out of kingdom but want to stay in touch have chosen to do this.

But for the rest of us, you are probably not subscribed to Hou-
announce (nor do you need to be). So, if you want to stop receiving
messages from it, then trying to unsubscribe from it (as such) won't
do you any good.

The only way to stop receiving messages from Hou-announce is to
unsubscribe from each and every mail list shown above. If you are
subscribed to even one of them, you will receive announcements from
Hou-announce.

I hope this helps. (Yeah, I know... "clear as mud".) If you still
have questions about this, just write to me privately (off-list) and
I'll try to clear it up for you.

Yours in service,
Michael Silverhands