[Hou-announce] Archery at Gates Edge Caribbee!!

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Aug 20 09:48:37 PDT 2007

Greetings to the Archers of Ansteorra,

Next weekend, on August 25, the Gate's Edge event Caribbee!! will host
an archery tournament to choose our new Archery Champion.

This tournament shall take place in several rounds, which will test the
all around skills of the archers including:

    * timed ends versus static shoots
    * long and short distance shooting
    * shoots at target butts and at the clout
    * traditional targets and 3d animal targets.

Any may shoot in the tournament. For those striving to win our
tournament, it is essential to shoot with equipment that presents a
period appearance and function. (This means no large modern style risers
on recurves, no rifle stocks on crossbows, etc. Modern materials may be
used but a period appearance should be preserved. The final decision
regarding what is and is not suitable will be left to the marshal in
charge.)

If there are enough participants, at the discretion of the marshal, the
tournament may be divided into separate Longbow, Recurve, and Crossbow
divisions and prizes awarded for each division. An archer may compete in
more than one division if desired.

Those seeking to be our new champion need to be properly equipped to
fulfill the duties of that position. To that end there will be no loaner
equipment available during the Championship Tournament and a one bow to
one archer per division rule shall be enforced.

We request those gentles that strive to represent us through their
talents and skills do us the honor of upholding our trust by the
following petitions:

   1. Be responsible for bearing the trust of the Shire of Gates Edge
      and the Regalia of our Champion with pride and to promote interest
      in their area of endeavor.
   2. Strive to be an example of courtesy and chivalry, bringing honor
      to Gates Edge through their actions and behavior both on and off
      the field of endeavor.
   3. During their term of service, defend the Shire of Gate's Edge and
      Kingdom of Ansteorra against her foes in tournaments of peace or
      in times of war and will do so to the best of their abilities.
   4. To the best of their ability, attend Kingdom Calendar Events
      sponsored by the Shire of Gates Edge and return to our next
      championship tournament to help test their successor to and defend
      the title as best they can.
   5. Hold no other offices that would divide their loyalties and
      prevent them from properly executing their duties as champion. If
      any such conflicts of personal loyalty should arise the champion
      shall resolve them in a manner consistent with their personal honor.

In exchange for their services and loyalty, our champions will be
granted the hospitality of the Shire of Gates Edge and a place of honor
within our group during their term. The Shire shall help to equip and
victual the champion as necessary.

We invite you all to attend and enjoy yourselves with a day full of
archery. There will be a children's archery shoot during the first hour
of the day along with time for Royal Rounds and open shooting.

As time permits after the Championship Tournament the range will remain
open for additional shooting.

Come join us and experience what we believe is one of the finest days of
target archery that Ansteorra has to offer.

On Sunday Morning there will be a Melee practice with opportunity for
Combat Archery.

Authorizing Marshals for both Target and Combat Archery will be present
throughout the event.

For more information visit the homepage for the Shire of Gate's Edge at
http://gatesedge.ansteorra.org

In Service,
HL Eadric Anstapa
eadric at scabrewer.com