[Hou-announce] OT - modern Enameling Society

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 17:50:21 PDT 2007

Greetings,
  I wanted to advise the SCA in the Houston area about a new modern guild, the Houston Enamelist Society.   This is a non-SCA guild, about the art form of vitreous enameling.

  They have held one start up meeting back in April, planning to host a meeting once a quarter.   Meetings are located at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC), in the museum district, currently on Saturday mornings.  This is a loose group, no officers, just a facilitator and a Yahoo Group. Edith Koeppen is the current facilitator until the end of
the year, then someone else can volunteer for a quarter.  Marsha Greene is handling the Yahoo group.  We have no dues, and will only collect money when we schedule a workshop.  This is an opportunity to stay in touch with the enameling world.

  The next meeting will be this Saturday, July 7th, at HCCC, 10:00am, as we go forward with our new Houston Enamelist Society.  Edith Koeppen has a great demonstration scheduled Saturday.  She will demonstrate enameling copper beads and will, no doubt, have samples of some really nice beads she has done.  Feel free to bring your show-n-tell.

 Please take a look at Houston Enamelist Society Yahoo Group website at   http://groups,yahoo.com/group/houston_enamelist_society/.  Join the group online so you can get future notices about what our Group is doing.  Under Photos, start your own album.

  I realize this Saturday is also Coronation which is a conflict for some who maybe interested; so I'll post future programs each quarter, if there is interest from the SCA artisans in the area.

  If any questions, please ask,
  Cheers, Hillary