[Hou-announce] Di Vinci demo at HMNS April 26

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:00:03 PDT 2008

Greetings all

Lady Ciarnat and I met with Houston Museum of Natural Sciences
representatives yesterday and here is the skinny:

Date: April 26
Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Location: main lobby of HMNS adjacent to the Information Counter and outside
if we wish
Perk: Free admittance to the Exhibit

The museum will give us enough space to set up a small list field/dance
floor/performance area, as well as four tables for display.  Lady Ciarnat is
bringing a card table for information distribution and interest sign-ups.

The Museum desires displays and activities that roughly parallel Leonardo's
time period: 1452 - 1519.  Lord Antonello, can we get enough 15th c. Italian
dancers and could we focus on that this Sunday?  Rapier community? Mistress
Hilary -- how do we look on C & I?  Fiber Artists and costumers?  Singers?
Late armored chiv fighters?

This is an opportunity I don't think we want to miss but the response to
date has not been overwhelming. If there are not enough people to do a good
demo, we will have to cancel.

Please email me at this address no later than Wednesday, April 23, if you
can come and what you will bring.

Yours in service.
~ihon
Baron of Stargate

--
" When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by
one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke