[Hou-announce] Squires & Cadets Prep for Heraldry

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 23 13:33:00 PDT 2008

If anyone is worried about the heraldic knowledge portion of Squires &
Cadets, I'll be out at the Sunday practice in Memorial Park and will be
happy to answer any questions and maybe give a brief lesson on things
like: tinctures (metals, colors, furs), ordinaries, primary, secondary,
and tertiary charges, animal/beast postures, etc.

Since the heraldry portion at the event is part of the "obstacle
course", I don't expect it will be particularly involved, but having a
quick run through of some heraldic basics might be helpful for some.

In service,
Alden Drake