[Hou-announce] Fake IRS email warning

Maria Buchanan scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 07:50:30 PDT 2008

As an accredited Tax Preparer with H&R Block, I can
tell you this is totally true.
I've gotten several warnings from the IRS telling
about this little scam.  They tell us to warn our
clients about the scam.  It's really a nasty little
game they have playing.
Be aware that the IRS DOES NOT contact by email!!  Nor
do they contact by PHONE!!  The only way you will be
contacted by the IRS is snail mail.  That's it!  If
you get the email in question forward it to
phishing at irs.gov.  The IRS wants to know where they
are coming from.

Please pass this on to your friends, family and
neighbors.  Check it out on the IRS web site if you
want to.  Tell others to do so also.

In Service,
Lady Maria
Maria Buchanan