[Hou-announce] Upcoming Demo For Camp Cliff

Ciarnat Ciarnat at consolidated.net
Tue Oct 7 17:57:19 PDT 2008

        SCA SISTERS & BROTHERS, PLEASE JOIN US!

                                                  (Updated Information!)

                                            WHO & WHAT:

      Houston Candlelighters (Nat’l organization which serves special needs
of children living with Cancer) has invited all SCAers to assist at CAMP
CLIFF on Friday, October 10, 2008.   Candlelighters have chosen the theme of
:  Knights & Princesses.  The SCA will be the “welcome team”, demonstrate
facets of Medieval life.

        We have a block of time from 5 to 10 PM.  We are scheduling an
“early team” to be at the camp by 5 PM. Other SCAers could arrive later, and
a feast will be provided to all attendees at 6:30 PM  I am asking our
various officers to co-ordinate specific things like:  Barding, Chiv,
Rapier, Dance, etc. The updated schedule for the demo is as follows:
Greeting arriving campers & families 5 PM to 5:30 PM, Mini Ren Faire 5:30 PM
to 6:30 PM, Feast (dancers, bards & musicians needed) 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM,
and resume Mini Ren Faire 7:30 PM to 9 PM.

                                                  WHERE:

     Camp For All (located near Hwy 290 and 1948, near Brenham) 6301 Rehburg
Road  (979) 289-3752.  All SCAers will need to stop at the Check In station,
(located on your left as you enter the main camp entrance road) and sign 2
waiver sheets.  We will assemble at the basketball court, as it has
lighting.

                                                   NEED:

     Dancers, Chivalric Fighters, Rapier Fighters, Singers, Bards,
Musicians, Craftspersons, Etc. to do demonstrations of what they do best.
Bards, singers, musicians and craftspersons will have the opportunity to
demonstrate their talents during the demo. Martial arts participants will
have the opportunity to show their prowess on the list field during the
demo.

    Candlelighters initially contacted the Hospitaler of Stargate.  Stargate
decided to assist this important cause and invite our SCA sisters & brothers
to join  with us.   This gives us an opportunity to help the children take a
mental break, for a while, from the daily stresses of life as a cancer
patient.  Any and all time you could volunteer is greatly appreciated and
helps to make a beneficial difference in the lives of these children.

       The maps with directions and layout of the camp are on the following
sheets.

  Help us get the word out so we can present a successful demo and show the
Candlelighters that community service and education are important to the
SCA.

                        In service to Ansteorra and Barony of The Stargate,

                                Lady Ciarnat of Firethorn mka Kim Law

                Ciarnat at consolidated.net  (281) 693-6441 H   (281) 467-0323