[Hou-announce] SPAM and the Ansteorra lists

Michael Tucker java_kensai at verizon.net
Fri Mar 6 08:07:15 PST 2009

Folks,

Just an advisory that the Ansteorra email/discussion lists are being
inundated by SPAM. I don't know the stats for the rest of the
Kingdom, but on our local lists SPAM is running about 30 to 1 vs.
legitimate messages. And this is *after* whatever filtering is
happening at the server level; i.e. this is the SPAM that's making it
to me to manually deal with.

I'm sure that the list administrators across the kingdom are all
doing our best to keep the bad stuff out without accidentally
deleting any legitimate traffic. So if you submit something to be
posted and it never shows up, please don't be mad at your admin.

On the other hand, I'm not aware of any such mistakes (yet; knock
wood). My hat's off to all my brother and sister list admins for
doing such a great job. :-)

Yours in service,
Michael Silverhands