[Hou-announce] More Books: Houston Public Library Book sale

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 16:13:18 PDT 2011

It's that time again:  the Houston Public Library book sale.
I've been to this sale year after year, so if you plan to go, here's a few tips:

Wear comfortable shoes.  Ladies, don't carry a big purse, you want space for
books!
I take a small cart with a box or two that I bring, to stack my books onto, so I
can drag them with me in ease.

Enjoy, Hillary
WHERE:
George R. Brown Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A
1001 Avenida de las Americas, Houston, TX  77010
Paid parking is available all around the convention center.

WHEN:
Friday, May 13:  4:30 - 9:00 pm
Preview Day - Members Only!
Join the friends at the door and get first-day picks!
Membership levels begin at $20.

FREE to the general public on
Saturday, May 14:  9 am - 5 pm
Sunday, May 15:  11 am - 4 pm
 HOW MUCH:
Most books are affordably priced from $2 - $6.  Better quality and special
collections of books will be individually priced, including autographed books,
first editions, encyclopedias, and other collectible volumes.

All children's books are only $1 for paperbacks and $2 for hardbacks, regardless
of category.  But come early - these sell SUPER FAST!

SUNDAY, MAY 15, IS BAG DAY!
Whatever fits into a Fiesta paper grocery sack (provided) goes home with you for
only $10!

We take cash, checks, and debit and credit cards
(Visa and Master Card Only)

EXCITED?  We are, too!  See you May 13 - 15!