[Hou-announce] Bordermarch/Beaumont Scribal workshop

beau dumesnil beaudumesnil at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 11:10:21 PDT 2012

Greetings all...Beau here, in our little corner of the world, would like to announce plans for an upcoming Scribal arts workshop @ The Art Studio, Inc. in downtown Beaumont...The dates & times are: Friday May 18th from 530 pm - 10 or 1030ish...The address is 720 Franklin St...The focus is on making Iron Oak Gall ink ( I literally harvested POUNDS of the stuff from an "undisclosed" location) from scratch & I have procured two fresh goat "bellies" for handmaking parchment...I will plan on doing the stinky stuff first before we stretch & peel the hides...If you want to make & take some ink please bring a, or a set of, small glass vials & stoppers...I keep the hides as this is just a hands on demo and exposure to the parchment making process...hope to see you all there, Biau-douz de la Mere (beau dumesnil)