LR - Seige Engineering

Pookie Pookie-W at home.com
Wed Apr 26 12:02:32 PDT 2000

<Bjorn's note shortened for save of bandwidth>

>> I propose that we start having "seige workshop" meetings every month.

And work on both? Might not be a bad idea!

>> It would need to be  on a separate date than the armor/arrowmaking
workshops we have now so we
>> can focus solely on the ballistas.

Good idea though the calender is kinda crowded, might be difficult to manage
2 workshops a month.

>> I was thinking Polydore's shop would be a good meeting place to actually
build the engine, but we should meet in
>> someone's living room or an IHOP or someplace like that for discussion
and
>> desiging of the engine.  I would volunteer my living room for these
>> discussions, but I haven't approached my parents about this matter yet.
>> don't think they'll mind too much, but you never know...

The planning stage sounds good at a general local. I am sure we could find
someplace without to much trouble!

>> I also propose that we, as Elfsea is doing, create a new officer's
position
>> in Loch Ruadh for "seige master" or whatever we decide to call it.
>>This officer would not  have to be on the crew for either of the machines,
but he/she certainly
>> could be...

This I will have to disagree on. Loch Ruadh is a small Canton and creating a
new *officers* position dosent seem like something we would need.  Having
someone designated as a "Seige Master", however, and be a deputy to the
Knight Marshall's position would be a very workable idea!  (and of course
there is the old saying of "you came up with the idea, you do it!" hehehehe)

>> I have one more proposal here.  I propose that we have a seige engine
>> competition at our Lughnasad.

In *my* opnion (which of course everyone is entitled to <grin> ) I think we
have enough things on the plate for Lughnasad. We dont want to over extend
ourselves on our second event (and having been over 6 years since the last
one we did!)  One of the drawing points for Lughnasad is that its a laid
back event without alot of things happening all at once. Also keep in mind
that many of the others who will be building seige engines will be at
Pennsic.

>>If we have time, I would also like to hold a seige engineers meeting at
Lughnasad.  Just a short meeting to see how everyone's
>> engines are coming along.

Might not be a bad idea, for those who are still in town and assuming they
want to let others know what they are doing. They may wish to keep it
secret, <shrug> who knows. But it never hurts to ask.  But also holding a
short meeting of LR's seige engineers to see how we're coming along might
work out, assuming we all arent chasing our tails keeping Lughnasad running
smoothly.

MagD'Leigha
Stepping down and letting someone else have the podium