LR - A & S Event - Lunasadh, August

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 17:46:54 PDT 2000

The officers have been discussing our August event and we've decided to have
an A&S compitition that is decided by popular vote, a childrens
display/compition (everyone who enters is a winner in this one) and a
brewing/vinting event.

Since the theme will be Lunasadh (choose your own spellings) or Lammas - The
Celebration of the First Harvest - I would like to see if people in the
Canton would be interested in making their own bread to be given as a
"prize".  If everyone baked (or bought) a loaf of their most favorite bread,
we would all share in the harvest of the first grains of the season.
Remember - brewing is also of "grain" and can be considered a 'bread'
donation of sorts.  Just think about all the different types of breads we
could share - crackers, tortilla's, pita, flatbread.  We rarely get to see
any baking from our populace because we think we have to "document".  For our
bread documentation - we could include the recipe, a card, or just a
wonderful crusty loaf of bread to share with friends.  Maybe we could
challege the populace to provide our "harvest" for the feast and everyone
could help out with just one loaf of bread, the more original, the better!

I welcome any comment on this suggestion.  Just remember, everyone loves
fresh bread.

Asa Hrafnasdottir, A & S minister
Canton of Loch Ruadh