LR - Ballista Webpage

Adam Harrison hookshot at star-telegram.com
Tue Apr 25 14:06:43 PDT 2000

Yeah, well we do, don't we?  :-)

In all seriousness, that ballista would have absolutely no problems firing a
landscape timber with a basketball duct-taped to it.  I'm guessing with full
springs(the author tested them with 80% cord) at max tension, that baby
could launch said timber about 75 yards with ease...probably more like 100
yards...

And if he could get a hold of sinew rope... Oh my, I can see a 150 yard shot
easily...

And that's with a SMALL ballista.  There are reports of Roman ballistas that
shot rocks upwards of 125lbs...