LR- A couple of things that may interest some.

Steve Rourke srourke at gte.net
Thu Dec 21 18:12:56 PST 2000

Okay so it's more than a couple. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. And thank you Padraig for the card.
Domhnall O'Ruairc
May those who love us, love us,
   and those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts;
  And if he doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
  So we'll know them by their limping!

Celtic Art & Cultures
http://www.unc.edu/courses/art111/celtic/index.html
>From our Learning Centers tour: "The passion shows at this awarding winning site from the University of North Carolina. And don't miss that image gallery."

  Dominion & Domination of the Gentle Sex
http://library.thinkquest.org/12834/index.html

A standout on our Medieval Women tour and "One of the most well designed Web sites on medieval women around," we said.
  The Book of the Hunt
http://www.medievalhunting.f2s.com/index.html

"Period illustrations accompany a great read on the hunting feast, the importance of greyhounds in the
grand chase, and more. The site is still under construction, but what's here is choice." from our recent Medieval Hunting tour

THIS WEEK IN MEDIEVAL HISTORY...

1075 Christmas Eve: Pope Gregory VII, in a feud with Henry VI, suddenly kidnapped while saying Mass
1155 Coronation of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane as King and Queen of England
1216 The Dominican Order of Friars confirmed by the Pope
1223 St. Francis of Assisi assembles 1st nativity scene December 24
1310 Pope Clement V orders the English Templars put to torture