LR - FWD: ES - Class schedule for Baronial College

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Feb 4 14:00:33 PST 2000

From: "Wainwright-Sims, Jewell" <jwainwright at taylorpub.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:39:06 -0600

Good Gentles of Elfsea,

Here is the class schedule for Baronial College this coming Saturday, Feb.
5.

I have made every effort to accomodate artisans and scheduling requests.
There are two open time slots at 5:00 for anyone who would still like to
teach, and we could do one more dance class at 4:00 if we had an instructor.
Otherwise, we have a full day scheduled.  Please note, the last two classes
listed under each time slot are Academy of the Sword (there has been one
time change and one addition since this was posted last week).  There is no
scheduled lunch break, so if you do not want to miss a class, pack a lunch!

I will post this to the Steppes and Ansteorra list tomorrow after you have
all had a chance to verify my spelling of names, titles, and any other
corrections [be gentle, I've worked really hard on this :) ].

In service,

Julianna Vertue

10:00
Humanism, Changing the Thought Process - Ld Philip White
Scouting Out the Bead - Ldy Sinara Lind Rachael
Elizabethan School of Defense - Baron Llywellyn Gruffydd
Leather Working ($2 fee) - Ldy Tanwyn Oneria
Intro to Inkle Weaving (2 hr. class) - Ldy Ceinwen ferch Rhuel
Intro to English Country Dances - HL Allessandre Desiderio

Single Sword/beginner, intermediate, advanced - Sir Gunthar
Marshaling 101 - HL Crandall

11:00
Intro to Medicinal Herbalism - HL Suzanna the Herbalist
Period Jewish Cooking ($2 fee, limit 15) - Ldy Sindara Lind Rachael
SCA 101 - Ldy Brighid of Glenbaun
Tassel Making ($2 fee, limit 20) - Contessa Valeria
Lo Spanoletto/Italian intermediate dance - HL Elin the Timid

Effects of height in fighting/intermediate, advanced - Centurion Romanus and
HE Hightower
Sword and shield/beginner - Sir Galen of Bristol

12:00
Elizabethan Settlement of Religion - Baron Llywellyn Gruffydd
Period Cooking with Wild Game - Ldy Genevieve de la Gamba
Precedence 101/Awards & Honors of Ansteorra - Ld Timothy of Glastonbury
So You Want to be an SCA Treasurer - Baroness Eleanor de Broke
Point Engraving on Glass - HL Darius of the Bells
15th Century Italian Dances/beginner - Ld Philip White

Fighting Florentine (armored combat) - Centurion Airaklee Wolf
Inspection Marshaling - HL Crandall

1:00
Intro to Bardic - Ld Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
Making Basic T-tunics - Ldy Arabella de Montacute
Precedence 201/Awards & Honors of the Known World - Ld Timothy of
Glastonbury
16th Century German Women's Clothing - HL Elin the Timid
Lacemaking - Ldy Aimee de Long Coeur
Some Simple Bransels/beginner dance - HL Allessandre Desiderio

Spin Shots/intermediate, advanced - Sir Gunthar
Inspection Marshaling continued - HL Crandall

2:00
Basic Chain Mail (bring needle-nose pliers if possible) - Sir Galen of
Bristol
Making Liquers & Cordials - Ldy Julianna Vertue
Choosing an SCA Name - Ld Caelin on Andred
Techniques of Handsewing - HL Elin the Timid
Making CD Drop Spindles - HL Robin De Sheallah
Middle Eastern Dance for Beginners - Ldy Layla al-Tabrizi

Two Hand Sword Techniques/intermediate, advanced - Kensho
Intro to fighting/ beginner - Master Jonathan

3:00
Embroidery ($3 fee) - Baron Athelstan Aethelmearson
Natural Dyeing in the Texas Heat Without Killing Yourself - HL Robin De
Sheallah
Modifying Modern Patterns into Period Clothing - Viscountess Katya
Better Garb for Beginners - Ldy Helen Shiercliffe
List Mistressing/Mastering - Ldy Elysandre Gernier
Juggling, Jestering, and Foolery - HL Raimond de Mora

Glaive/intermediate, advanced - Sir Gunthar and Thegn Duncan
Authorization Marshaling - HL Crandall

4:00
Intro to Bobbin Lace (2 hr class, $10 fee to take materials home, limit 8) -
HL Elin the Timid
Adapting Janet Arnold Patterns to Fit You - Ld Philip White
Medieval Woodworking - Angus the Woodworker
Bead Embroidery Techniques (2 hr class, $7 fee, limit 15) - Ldy Sindara Lind
Rachael
Courtly Graces - Ldy Elysandre Gernier

Chivalric Conduct - Master Robin of Gilwell and Sir Galen of Bristol
Fiberglass Spear/beginner, intermediate, advanced - Sir Miguel

5:00
Making Period Pavilions - Ldy Marguerite des Fleur

Mace and skirmish weapons - Sir Mahdi
Children's Combat Authorization/parent must be present - Ld Agilwulf