LR - Camping at Gulf War

Sluggy slugmusk at home.com
Fri Jan 21 00:10:06 PST 2000

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain penned various words amounting to:

> the Loch Ruadh contingent at Gulf War this year is going to be smaller
> than previously anticipated.

(snip)

> Elfsea has extended an invitation (snip) to camp with them and to join
> in on their communal kitchen.  Given the smaller number of Loch
> Ruadhans going to War, I believe this would be a good idea.  I need
> to know if anyone disagrees or has other thoughts on the matter.

While I am a firm believer in our fierce independance, I also see the
folly of reinventing the wheel from scratch. I am, in principle, in
agreement. The Loch Ruadh contingent at Bordermarch Fall Mellees was
also small and camped nicely with several of our Elfsea brethren...

> Some thoughts in favor of throwing in with Elfsea:

>   - larger group could mean better piece of land (probably wishful thinking here)

wishful thinking is still good thinking...

>   - Elfsea will haul the kitchen

Here, here!

>   - limited amount of cooking/cleaning per individual

While I am willing to attempt to cook for a Loch Ruadh sized group, I am
even more willing to help clean up after the cook for a larger group!

> So I need to know three things before Moot:

> 1)  Are you going to Gulf War?

yes

> 2)  Any discussion for/against camping/eating with Elfsea

I, for one, do not mind being located near and/or adjacent to Elfsea's
group, though I would prefer that we are not scattered amongst them.
It's that independent togetherness that we display so well...

However, breaking bread with our friends is always good!

> 3)  Total number in your group (self, family, friends, strangers dragged in off the street) who will camp/eat with Elfsea

I can honestly speak only for myself...

Sluggy!