LR - early war practice anyone?

Adam Harrison hookshot at startext.net
Mon Jun 5 17:47:08 PDT 2000

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Pookie wrote:

> > That all depends on how you look at it. Because it only takes me about 35
> > minutes to get from Lewisville to your house without traffic.
>
> Of course not everyone drives with rocketboosters strapped to thier
> trunks.... <G>

That reminds me of the winner of the darwin award a few years back...  ya
know, the guy who strapped a JATO to his car and rocketed himself into a
cliff on a desert road...

For those who don't know, or have forgotten, a JATO(jet assisted take off)
is a rocket the air force straps to their really big planes to enable them
to take off from short runways, or something like that.

Anyway, this guy somehow manages to attach a jato to his car and drives
out to a 3 mile long straight stretch of road out in the middle of
nowhere.  He fires off the jato and begins to rocket down the road at
speeds in excess of 500mph.  about 1 1/2 miles down, he decides to hit the
brakes.  this results in the brakes and tires being vaporized.  this also
causes the car to go airborne.  a little over a mile later the car slams
into a cliff and explodes in gallant fashion.  it was reported that the
only remains of the driver found was a piece of a tooth...