LR - Loch Ruadh Company, Name of

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Tue Jun 6 16:05:07 PDT 2000

Ronan said -

>But how close would these be to the "Red Branch" that was the personal
>guard/army of the kings of Ulster? Not to mention the fianna as well.
>
>Ronan

Branch in Gaelic is either "craobh" (krove) or "geag" (gage, with hard g's).  Not sure at the moment which was used to describe Red Branch.  I don't think any of the names we've talked about so far would be mistaken for fianna, fianna faol, or the more recent group modeled after them, the Fenians.  Of course, I don't think any of them would mind us using their names if we upheld the ideals that they embraced.

Nunc Est Bibendum